WA Open BLOG
A huge thank you to every competitor, coach, parent, carer, companion and supporter; you have made the act belong commit DanceSport WA Open 2023 one to remember!
To our Sponsors:
* Healthways – Act Belong, Commit * Tilenni Stiles & Associates * Flawless Crystals * DMP Media* Pat Taylor* Z Flowers
* The Regent Ballroom * Beat St Dance Supplies * Bunbury House of Dance*
*Daele Fraser Dance Studio* The Australian Dancing Society* Perth Ballroom Challenge*
Thank you without you, we would not be able to showcase such amazing talent at the incredible HBF Stadium
To Phil Burton OAM & Ash-leigh Hunter – what great show dances! Thank you for taking time support our WA Open
To our Adjudicators a huge call out:
For standing up all day, for travelling to our great State, for your time and dedication to our wonderful sport
To our team of volunteers:
You are all truly amazing, we definitely had the A+ team at the WA Open this year!
In closing, it takes a team of dedicated volunteers to plan and run the WA Open, but without dancers, and spectators there is no show!
The excitement is rising, everything is ready for the act belong commit DanceSport WA Open Championship 2023!
Please find some key messages to ensure everyone has a great day:
- Please ensure you arrive in plenty of time via Door 2.
- All competitors must be ready to dance 1 hour before their first event.
- Souvenir Programs will be available to purchase at $5 each (cash).
- All events are marshalled, competitors should make their way behind the stage to the marshalling and warm up area.
- Marshalling and warm up area is reserved for Competitors only.
- There will be a water station in the marshalling area.
- Changing rooms are in the corridor adjacent to the marshalling area.
- Para dance change rooms are in the Executive Suite
- St Johns Ambulance/First aid station will be situated adjacent to the Marshalling area.
- Numbers table will be on the left-hand side of the ballroom as you come in at Door 2.
- Ballroom will be closed between 5.15pm and 6.30pm – please take all belongings out of the ballroom.
- All tables are reserved for day and evening sessions.
- Tiered seating is not reserved.
- HBF Cafe will be open from 8am.
- Cashless HBF Bar will be open in the evening in the Ballroom.
The first morning events are listed below, please ensure you arrive at least 1 hour before your event. First presentations approximately 10am after event 46.
Amateur and Professional events commence at approximately 12pm
Doors open at 8am, first event at 9am. Entry via door 2 only.
This year there is maintenance happening in the usual entry area, Please Use Door two (2) entry for day and evening sessions.
The Cafe will be open all day and a cashless bar will run in the evening session.
Please note HBF Specific Conditions of Entry:
– Water bottles including disposable, thermos and plastic
– Sewing Kits: Needle, pins, safety pins and any items which are required to repair costumes, however should only be used in changerooms or restrooms
– Aerosols including hair spray, deodorant, spray tan however cannot be used inside the Auditorium, only in the changerooms
– Electronic devices such as phones and tablets
– Cigarettes, lighters, matches and e-cigarettes, however smoking is permitted outside the building only
– Small personal snacks such as fruit, sandwiches, vegetable sticks, dips, muesli bars and lollies
– 600ml or smaller soft drink cans and soft drink bottles and electrolyte drinks such as Gatorade
– Small bottles of perfume and makeup.
– Glass Bottles of any kind including containers.
– Dangerous items such as knives including butter knives and cheese knives.
– Outside catering including: items purchased at McDonalds, Hungry Jacks any other fast food outlet
– Platters or large eskies of food.
– Professional video cameras and recording equipment .These must be authorised by the Dancesport WA with Accreditation
– Cameras with detachable lenses, selfie sticks and tripods
– Oversized bags are not permitted at floor tables or in grandstand seating eg. sports bags, suitcases, suit/dress bags. All of these items must be stored in changerooms or back of house.
– Prams and strollers
– Alcoholic beverages
Please note as a condition of entry bags will be check upon entry into the venue. Any patron deemed to be intoxicated, disorderly or engagement in anti-social behaviour will be removed from the venue.
We are in for one spectacular evening show this year! Not only do we have an amazing array of WA and Interstate Ballroom and Latin talent – Phil Burton OAM and Ash-Leigh Hunter are flying in to showcase winning dances from 2023 ‘Dancing with the Stars’!
To ensure you have your seat ready, please find a list of the evening events below:
tickets from Ticketmaster.com.au
Not in event order:
Adult Open Standard (semi during the day program)
Under 21 Open Latin
Adult Open New Vogue (semi during the day program)
Juvenile Open Standard
Under 21 Open Standard (semi during the day program)
Professional New Vogue
Adult Class 1 & 2 Para Dance Standard
Masters 1 Open New Vogue
Junior Open Latin
Adult Open Latin (semi during the day program)
WA Open Committee is pleased to welcome The Perth Ballroom Challenge as sponsor of the act belong commit DanceSport WA Open Championship.
Have you got next years Perth Ballroom Challenge date set in your diary? Don’t miss out!
WA Open Committee is pleased to welcome The Australian Institute of Dancing as sponsor of the act belong commit DanceSport WA Open Championship.
Are you a qualified Professional Ballroom Dancer? Why not contact email@example.com to find out the benefits of membership with AID, an industry body whose membership is comprised of Professional Ballroom Dancers.
WA Open Committee is pleased to welcome Daele Fraser Dance Studio as returning sponsor to the act belong commit DanceSport WA Open Championship. Contact details: 0412 954 659
Contact Daele for dance classes for all ages!
act belong commit DanceSport WA Open Championship 2023 is definitely shaping up to be a great event! Record numbers of entries submitted by the closing date. Thank you to all competitors, this really helps with ensuring the day and evening program run smoothly.
Please remember if you have not paid $3 per event via the DanceSport online entry system, a back number will not be issued.
The following events did not have any entries as at 23 September 2023 and are CANCELLED.
Junior B Grade – Latin, New Vogue and Standard
Para Dance Junior Open – New Vogue
Adult B Grade – Latin and New Vogue
Masters 1 B Grade – Latin
Masters 2 B Grade – Latin and New Vogue
Professional – Standard
Pro/AM Masters 2 – New Vogue
ENTRIES CLOSE THIS FRIDAY 22 SEPTEMBER
DON’T MISS OUT!
To avoid disappointment when entries close, please remember to pay the $3 per event when you submit entries for the WA Open. If you still need to pay please revisit the online DSA entry system and make the payment soon.
Any competitors who have not paid the $3 per event entry fees will not be allocated a back number. Please note there are strictly NO LATE ENTRIES to the WA Open.
For anyone looking for the payment button on their entries, please go to ‘Back to View All Entries’ and click on the link, you will then be directed to the page that has a ‘Pay Now’ button.
The Act, Belong, Commit DanceSport WA Open Championship 2023 is getting closer, there is a lot of excitement in the Committee room for this year’s event!
We are delighted to welcome first time Premium Sponsor DMP Media who will be sponsoring the Adult Open Standard!
DMP Media put ideas into motion! With 35 years’ experience in advertising/marketing/media industry they are well poised to hit the Event Management sector in a big way. Choose DMP Media for Event Management, Advertising Strategy, Program Development, Printing, Design Work, Sponsorship, Sales Representation, Advertising Planning and Marketing Strategy!
Have you entered the Act Belong Commit DanceSport WA Open Championships yet? Don’t miss out! This is going to be a State Championship like no other!
There are limited table seats available, but plenty of tiered seating with no seat allocations, sit where you like all day!
The act, belong, commit DanceSport WA Open Championship 2023 is fast approaching!
We are delighted to welcome our first-time sponsor Bunbury House of Dance. ‘Where Every Dance Feels like Home’ – Bunbury House of Dance has you covered for all your dancing needs.
Specialising in Ballroom Dance, offering group classes and private lessons for Latin, Modern, Street Latin and New Vogue.
‘Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning how to dance in the rain.’ -Vivian Greene
We are delighted to welcome back Beat St Dance Supplies, Victoria Park as the Juvenile Open Latin sponsor for 2023. Beat St are a returning sponsor and we are very grateful for the continued support of the WA Open Championship.
Looking for dance shoes, practice wear, competition wear or accessories? Beat St Dance Supplies have it all!
WA Open Committee is delighted to welcome back sponsor The Regent Ballroom, Northbridge – sponsoring Under 21 Open Latin
Join Riley and Rosa plus regular guest instructors at the The Regent Ballroom, for stamina classes, private lessons, socials, advanced choreography, competitor technique, children’s classes, and afternoon tea dance, they have it all.
New for 2023 – thinking about a show in Perth, why not join The Regent Dance Company with live band, and your favourite dancers – see website for details and dates!
WA Open Committee is delighted to welcome returning sponsor Flawless Crystals, once again sponsoring Professional Open Latin.
Find Flawless Crystals distributer at Beat St Supplies Victoria Park or why not visit their website: flawlesscrystals.net
The act, belong, commit DanceSport WA Open Championship 2023 is fast approaching! Planning is well under way and it is set to be a wonderful event!
We are delighted to welcome Premium Open Sponsor Tilenni Stiles & Associates; Tony is a long standing sponsor and advocate of the WA Open and we are very proud that once again Tony has chosen to sponsor the Adult Open Latin event.
If you need financial expertise in the field of Tax and Accounting, Financial Planning, Financial Brokerage or Self Managed Superannuation Funds, please contact the team at Tilenni Stiles & Associates.
WA Open Championship 2023 preparation is well underway! Tickets on sale from Monday 17th July!
Competitors in the Open events who make the evening finals will have their day ticket validated for the evening session! Please visit the numbers table on the day.
TIERED SEATING TICKETS
Day Tickets: Adult $35 Junior/Concession $25
Day/Evening Tickets: Adult $85 Junior/Concession $45
Evening Tickets: Adult $60 Junior/Concession $30
Standard Ticketmaster Fees Apply
TABLE SEATING TICKETS:
Front Row: $150 per person, sold as a complete Table of 10
Second Row: $130 per person, sold as a complete Table of 10
Includes High Tea, Tables available all Day and Evening.
Contact for Tables: firstname.lastname@example.org
13 May 2023
act belong commit DanceSport WA Open Championship 2023
We are very pleased to advise that the act, belong, commit DanceSport WA Open will be held on Saturday 21 October, 2023 HBF Stadium, Mt Claremont. – Save the Date!
Please check regularly as more information will be coming soon!
For enquiries please email email@example.com